Sunday, March 28, 2010

I'm BACK from Miami with Habitat!

So for Spring Break, I decided to go with Habitat for Humanity to Miami. While I had an amazing time, the place where we stayed was way below par to say the least and needless to say I didn't have internet access so I couldnt blog. But as english297 suggested, I did do some free writing over break and was surprised by how my own reflections on each day spiraled into so many other topics. So I will post my ruminations, if only to share with the public sphere the journal of my "alternative spring break." Also I hope it will serve as a kind of therapy. I never thought that helping to build a house for someone else would be so rewarding. I was with my friends. I was working with my hands and learning in way that college students rarely get a chance to. I loved it and hopefully rereading my thoughts will inspire me to write our next opinions essay.

1 comment:

  1. Since you are no longer posting your free writes, I was wondering how they differed from free writing at home. I also did free writing over the break, but being on a resort the whole time, I felt not as in touch with where I was.

    ReplyDelete