Monday, December 14, 2009

A Non-Conclusion

My conclusion is that there is no conclusion (ha! how pretentious is that for an answer). Seriously, I can't agree or disagree with McLuhan completely and I still can't difinitivly define any of the many outlets that we have examined this semester either. The Internet is so undefinable and yet new media analysts devote so much time to doing just that. Being a part of a generation raised in the tempo of new media, it was really healthy for me to slow down and examine the medium that has determined a lot for me already. But I am not sure what it really changes, knowing all that I know now about the nature of Wikipedia and Google. Do I have any more choice in whether or not I participate? Probably not. If truth and education are suppose to liberate my mind and being in more ways than one, then I must say I feel a little more entrapped.

No comments:

Post a Comment